I love soup, and miso soup is really easy to make already, but this recipe is definitely the easiest ever! I can get it done in 5 minutes and have some nice fresh soup using only ingredients that store well.
I read recently that when you make miso soup it’s best not to heat the miso itself too much because it loses some of its health properties, so this recipe involves adding it in at the very end so it doesn’t boil or anything.
The ingredients are really flexible- you can add tofu, mushrooms, seaweed, scallions, or other veggies
The broth can also be fish broth, just water, or a little vegetable broth mixed with water
2 cups of liquid (I did about 30% vegetable broth and the rest water). You can just fill waterver bowl you have mostly with liquid, it doesn’t have to be exact
1-2 tablespoons of miso depending how salty you like it
extras: a teaspoon of dried wakame flakes, rehydrated in water, a sliced mushroom, a few cubes of tofu etc
1. Rehydrate the seaweed in some water if using
2. If you want to you can sautee some mushrooms or tofu and keep a bunch of it in the fridge so it’s ready to go, or just put it raw in the next step
3. Put everything but the miso in a bowl and microwave for 2-4 minutes, until it gets very hot
4. Meanwhile mix the miso with a little water in a separate small bowl to get rid of clumps
5. Add the miso watery paste to the soup and stirLike