I’ve made this dessert a few times and streamlined it so it’s as quick as possible and I can whip up a batch in literally 5 minutes while wearing Jack! I originally made it to use up a bunch of puffed kamut (an ancient grain similar to puffed rice) that I bought for Jack but he didn’t really like. I made it on the stove the first time, but then the next time I used the microwave and it worked just as well, but was faster and easier to clean up.
You’ll need (everything is approximate- this is hard to mess up!)
- half a bag of puffed kamut or rice (3 ounces). I got it in the cereal section of whole foods
- an entire bag of any kind of marshmallow (3.5 cups)
- about 1/4 cup butter or vegan butter type substance
- I like to first take a glass container (about 9×9) and spread some butter to grease it, or use some coconut oil
- Throw in the bag of marshmallows and the butter
- Microwave for 30 seconds
- Mix the stuff a little
- Microwave another 30 seconds
- Mix everything fairly well, then add the kamut/rice and mix so the kamut is coated
- Smoosh the mixture into the pan a little with the back of your spoon
- Let it cool to solidify before serving
If you eat it out of the dish you only have to clean 1 dish at the end! So low maintenance This is obviously not healthy with all the sugar, but at least you can use a whole grain like kamut and there are no trans fats or weird ingredients you’d find in store bought cookies.
I bet this would be good with other things added as well like chocolate chips, m&m type candies, or peanut butter chipsLike